1. i know im late in getting this news out, but windows cafe was twice robbed recently, and during a third attempted robbery a thief was caught.
2. Please check out NanBon a catering service by a bloomingdale resident Aisha Bond:
... maybe a storefront in the hood someday? the cake love empire seems to be doing well.....
3. no word back from heller's.
4. personally i think that MLK library should be turned into the national center for the visual arts a la the yerba buena in san francisco. ( i know its not in the hood... but it's a damn good idea)
5 it seems that all people that care about dc and the people that live here oppose the new town development. jus sayin.
6. Whats happening with the old Junque Store, anyway?
7. U.S. MARINE CORPS www.toysfortots.org
TOYS FOR TOTS
COMMUNITY DROP-OFF CENTER
COSMOPOLITAN PROPERTIES Real Estate Brokerage
414 Florida Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
(Located at the corner of Florida and Rhode Island Avenues, NW)
8. Effective 12/01/2006, it is against the law to pass a metro bus stopped at the bus-stop near a corner and to make a right turn. You must wait behind the bus until it moves, if you need to make a right turn. MPD will issue warning tickets for one month, after that the ticket will cost $100.
9. Street sweeper parking restrictions are now lifted. please help keep your curb clean, as the city wont be cleaning our streets for the next few months.
10 Eckingtonians have been planting tulips along north capitol again this year.
1. Crispus Attucks Park has receivable a large grant to help with projects going on there.