Wednesday, September 05, 2012

CM Graham: action on catch basins for Florida Ave NW flooding problems

From: Jim Graham
To: "LeDroitPark@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:15 PM
Subject: [LeDroitPark] Action on Catch Basins for Florida Avenue flooding problems
 
       
Dear Friends,
           
It is apparent that the flooded area of Florida Avenue needs to have constructed new catch basins to accommodate heavy rain fall. In the scheme of things, this is not a major expense. I am working with the City Administrator/DDOT (which would do the construction) and DCWATER to achieve this objective. I know that the DCWATER Board (which has among its members the City Administrator) is being briefed on this tomorrow. High level discussions are occurring within the DC Gov.
          
I have expressed my strong support for this action.
      
I know there are many actions that are needed in response to this substantial compelling problem. But this is one of them.
                                                             
Bests Councilmember Jim graham

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I'm not sure what catch basins are but we sure need some in Bloomingdale too, it would seem