Thursday, September 06, 2012

neighbor displeased with DC Water

See this message from a Bloomingdale resident:
            
I just got home from being out of town and I'm not sure what kind of outfit is being run over there at DCWATER, but you really need to pull it together and do a better job of servicing the people who have been sorely effected by 4 back to back floods since July.  Please see below for an email trail where I SPECIFICALLY state there is standing sewer water in my basement unit bathtub and that I am out of town.  Two people came to my home during business hours when of course NO ONE WAS HOME and just left their business card and a yellow DC water card.  HOW CAN YOU HELP ANYONE if you do NOT make arrangements to MEET THE OWNER?!?!?!  WHO do you think is going to be home during a work day without calling to schedule it so that people can take off of work in order to let you in the unit?!?!  MY GOD, its basic common sense and to not operate as if you CARE about people and what they are dealing with is INHUMANE.  I am not rich, I do not have money to pour into fixing YOUR problem.  I installed a sump pump that I will not get reimbursed for because I did it before the rebate program rules came out and I used a Maryland licensed contractor and plumber.  I am looking at THOUSANDS of dollars in damage and I have NO September rent AND housing my tenant in a hotel at over $100/day since Sunday.  This last storm was worse even WITH the sump pump....the sand bags did NOTHING. 
        
I want someone to CALL me and make an appointment to come look at my basement unit tomorrow which still has standing water with fecal matter in the bathtub. 

No comments: