ANC 5E04 April 2016 Community Update"Pinkney, Sylvia (SMD 5E04)" <5E04@anc.dc.gov>: Apr 30 03:37AM
ANC 5E04 April 2016 Community Update
The next ANC 5E public monthly meeting is scheduled to convene on Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 7:00 pm, Friendship-Armstrong Public Charter School, 1400 First Street, NW.
ANC 5E voted to:
- Support ABRA-091021 Capitol Market (Class Change) in an ANC 5E Settlement Agreement with the Owner.
- Support JBG Eckington Yards (Flower Mart and State Farm), Community Benefit of 55 (8%) of the 695 Units at 60% PMI.
- Support Removal of Requirement for Conflict Resolution Seminars to resolve issues surrounding a proposed Edgewood Dog Park.
- Support Change to Committee of the Whole Saturday Meeting Time from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Oppose Relocation of ANC 5E Public Monthly Meeting to Trinity University.
- Support Boundary Stone's Sidewalk Expansion of Outside Cafe Seating from 16 to 38.
The ANC 5E is formulating criteria for civic associations/communities, seeking historic designation, to follow prior to requesting application support.
Historic Preservation Review Board hearing for review of concept design related to public resources, the park and recreation center. Hearing is scheduled for May, date to be determined.
North Capitol Main Street
North Capitol Pharmacy coming soon to 1516 North Capitol Street, NW, next door to Uncle Chips Cookies. Congratulations North Capitol Pharmacy. Welcome to North Capitol Main Street and the Community.
Eckington Baseball Team
ANC Commissioner Bradley Thomas is Organizing a Bates Community Baseball Team. In an Effort to Provide a Little Friendly Competition, the Edgewood and Eckington Communities are establishing teams as well.
If you love the game and possess a few skills, by all means volunteer for the Eckington Baseball Team. Contact ANC Commissioner Sylvia Pinkney at 5E04@anc.dc.gov.