From: Office of Planning
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 4:21 PM
Subject: HPRB Agenda and Consent Calendar - May 23, 2019
The Agenda and Consent Calendar for the May 23 meeting of the Historic Preservation Review Board is posted on the website at: https://planning.dc.gov/node/1400976 and copied at the end of this message. Staff reports are also posted on the website. There will be no continuation meeting on May 30.
PLEASE NOTE - The public meeting begins at 9:30 am.
The staff report for Cleveland Park HD - 3401 Lowell Street NW – HPA 19-270 will post to the website on Monday, May 20.
The staff report for Mount Pleasant HD - 3430 and 3422 Oakwood Terrace NW - HPA 19-278 is now posted on the website. This case is not scheduled for May 23. The earliest this case may be heard is June 27, 2019.
Project Drawings for HPRB applications are now posted on the Office of Planning website at: https://planning.dc.gov/page/historic-preservation-office . Please select the "HPRB & CFA Project Drawings" button and open the appropriate historic district folder. Drawings are filed by address and are in order of the date added to the website. Please send us an email if you are unable to locate specific project drawings.
Historic Preservation Review Board Meeting
May 23, 2019
The Historic Preservation Review Board will meet to consider the following items. The meeting will be held at 441 4th Street NW in Room 220-South. Applicants and those interested in testifying should arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to the assigned time for the case.
BLOOMINGDALE HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 1600 North Capitol Street NW, HPA 19-154, revised concept/new construction
CAPITOL HILL HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 717 6th Street SE, HPA 19-315, concept/three-story addition
2. 215 G Street NE, HPA 19-271, preliminary concept/modernization and addition to Logan School
CLEVELAND PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 3432 Connecticut Avenue NW, HPA 19-209, revised concept/alterations and addition to apartment building
2. 3117 35th Street NW, HPA 19-324, concept/two-story rear addition
DUPONT CIRCLE HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 1229 19th Street NW, HPA 19-310, concept/addition, second floor on detached garage
14TH STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 1460 Rhode Island Avenue NW, HPA 19-323, concept/five-story rear addition
GEORGETOWN HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 3120 N Street NW, HPA 19-244, concept/one-story rear addition and enclosure of second-story rear porch
MOUNT VERNON SQUARE HISTORIC DISTRICT
1. 1128 6th Street NW, HPA 19-215, revised concept/convert single-family dwelling to multi-family dwelling, three-story rear addition and penthouse
MAY 23 AGENDA
9:00-9:30 EXECUTIVE SESSION
LANDMARK DESIGNATION HEARING
1. 9:30-10:45 Scottish Rite Temple amendment (boundary expansion), 1733 16th Street NW, Case 19-05
2. 10:45-12:00 1733 16th Street NW, Scottish Rite Temple, HPA 18-668, concept/four-story plus penthouse new apartment building
12:00-1:00 LUNCH BREAK
WALTER REED HISTORIC DISTRICT
3. 1:00-1:30 7185 13th Street NW, HPA 19-319, permit/solar panel canopy on garage roof
CLEVELAND PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
4. 1:30-3:00 3301 Lowell Street NW, HPA 19-325, concept/alterations and addition to John Eaton School and HPA 19-328, permit/substantial demolition of 1930s wing
5. 3:00-3:45 3401 Lowell Street NW, HPA 19-270, concept/alterations and addition
U STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
6. 3:45-4:30 1832 15th Street NW, HPA 19-173, concept/two-story rear addition, garage addition
Bruce Yarnall • Historic Preservation Operations Manager
DC Office of Planning
1100 4th Street SW, Suite E650 • Washington, DC 20024