Saturday, December 18, 2010

seeking referrals for antique mantel appraisers

From a Rhode Island Avenue NW resident:

We`re wondering if any Bloomingdale residents know of and can recommend someone who appraises and purchases things like antique mantles. We`re thinking of
removing a large mantel in our house that has a mirror and glass door cabinets. It`s a really nice piece and we may not end up parting with it, but we have no idea where to start a process like this to see if someone would buy and then remove it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

locally, there's these guys http://www.thebrassknob.com/backdoors/ but if you want your mantle to go to a great organization, I urge you to try these guys first-
http://www.secondchanceinc.org/
They're in Baltimore but they may salvage stuff here. I know they had stuff from Philly.
It's such a cool organization. And if you're into salvage (which I am) it's an amazing place to poke around

Unknown said...

What about goodwood, over on U street?

Ryan Eades said...

Thanks both, I'll follow up those leads, much appreciated.

jbcarron said...

Let me know if you want me to buy it from you and remove it. I typically see them go for $500 to $1500 depending on style and condition. Ive been to salvage stores all over Mid-Atlantic and Great Lakes.