Zoning Com’n Order on PUD for conference center/hotel plan for intersection of Irving St & Michigan Ave NE: http://www.dcregs.dc.gov/Notice/DownLoad.aspx?NoticeID=5768510 …
10:47 AM - 12 Dec 2015
Here is the Decision text from the linked document in the above tweet:
In consideration of the Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law contained in this Order, the Zoning Commission for the District of Columbia ORDERS APPROVAL of this application for review and approval of a modification to an approved planned unit development for the Property. The Commission hereby modifies Condition Nos. 1, 6, 14, 15, and 17 of Z.C. Order No. 08-33 to read as follows:
1. The PUD project shall be developed in accordance with the plans and materials submitted by the Applicant marked as Exhibits 18, 19, 36 and 39 of Zoning Commission Case No. 08-33, as amended by the plans and materials submitted as Exhibits 1C and 23 of Zoning Commission Case No. 08-33C.
6. The Applicant shall undertake the following traffic mitigations:
a. Prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy for the consolidated portion of the PUD project, the Applicant shall undertake (subject to DDOT approval) and pay all costs associated with the following improvements to the transportation system on Irving Street and Michigan Avenue adjacent to the Property: relocation of the Irving Street entrance drive into the Property; installation of a new traffic signal at the Irving Street entrance and appropriate signage that will alert drivers (from all directions) about the Irving Street signalized intersection; creation of a separate westbound approach off of Irving Street; improved roadway striping and signage; the removal of the “slip lane” from Irving Street to Michigan Avenue through the redesign and construction of a revised intersection of Michigan Avenue and Irving Street; installation of expanded new 10 foot sidewalks in the public space adjacent to the Property; and replacement of the bus shelter located on Michigan Avenue adjacent to the Property;
b. Prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy for the consolidated portion of the PUD project, the Applicant shall be responsible for the design, approvals, costs, and construction (subject to DDOT approval) with the re-configuration of the Irving Street and North Capitol Street; and
c. The Applicant shall complete a Comprehensive Traffic Review (CTR) as part of its second-stage PUD application for the portion of the project approved by the first-stage PUD.
14. The Applicant shall provide ANC 5A or SMD 5A05 with meeting room space for monthly public meetings on a scheduled basis, free of charge.
15. The Applicant shall establish a program to offer reduced rates for reasonable use of the hotel and conference center, including use of the conference facilities and rooms for the ballroom, by residents of ANC 5A, on a space available basis.
17. The Applicant shall provide meeting space for ANC 5A residents’ annual holiday party for a period of 20 years from the date the hotel opens. The meeting space will be free of charge and will be on a space available basis.
At the conclusion of the public hearing on September 24, 2015, upon motion by Vice-Chairman Cohen, as seconded by Commissioner Miller, the Zoning Commission took final action to APPROVE this application by a vote of 5-0-0 (Anthony J. Hood, Marcie I. Cohen, Robert E. Miller, Peter G. May, and Michael G. Turnbull to approve).
On November 9, 2015, upon motion by Commissioner Miller, as seconded by Commissioner Turnbull, the Zoning Commission took final action to APPROVE this application at its public meeting by a vote of 5-0-0 (Anthony J. Hood, Marcie I. Cohen, Robert E. Miller, Peter G. May, and Michael G. Turnbull to approve).
In accordance with the provisions of 11 DCMR § 3028.8, this Order shall become final and effective upon publication in the D.C. Register on December 11, 2015.