Info about this project:
- by-right, that is, no zoning relief is needed.
- the existing lot is being subdivided into four lots
- each of the four lots will be developed with two residential units, which will be vertically oriented and not horizontally oriented; there will be a total of 8 units
- the lowest levels of the buildings are going to be cellars and not basements
- eight parking spaces will be provided via the rear alley
- there will be no curb cuts created
A motion was made and seconded to not approve the current design of 150 S Street NW development project, since it is not compatible within the Bloomingdale Historic District, specifically due to the corner projecting window, brick color, lack of ornamentation at the top, prevalence of white and base stone not being a dark color. The motion failed 10 to 15.
150 S Street NW is on the agenda of tonight's ANC5E meeting.
Here is one of the renderings for 150 S Street NW