Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"promise bridge" sign posted on T Street Bridge connecting Bloomingdale with Eckinton

Okay, someone needs to clue me in.

I believe that this promise bridge is the T Street Bridge that connects the unit blocks of T Street NW with T Street NE.

See this post from Prince of Petworth:

By: Prince Of Petworth 23 January 2012 10:05 PM

The Promise Bridge is on North Capitol Street connecting Bloomingdale and Eckington. Kinda reminds me of the love locks bridges in Paris. Not sure if the promise locks will be as popular.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, that is the T St bridge that cross N. Capitol. We noticed this sign the other day as my roommate and I were coming home after getting of the bus.

Unknown said...

but i have no idea why or when it got put there!

Bloomingdale Resident said...

Lots of comments on PoP about whether this is cute or vandalism - what do we think here in B'dale/Eckington?

Personally, I think the views of T St's beautiful homes and the Capitol view are all we need - there is nothing sterile about it. The locks belong on a fence next to school grounds.

Sean Hennessey said...

i think it's fun.

North Capitol Home Owner said...

I live basically right next to this bridge and think it's a fun idea. Someone brought up a good point that it may end up obscuring any pictures that people would like to take of the Capitol facing down North Capitol. I guess we'll just see if it catches on.

Mat