Sunday, July 07, 2013

attempted house break-in Friday evening, 07-05-2013, on the 1800 block of 2nd Street NW

See this 07-06-2013 message:
I live on the 1800 block of 2nd St. NW.  I believe that someone tried to come in through the window next to my front door last evening.  When I left the house this morning, I noticed that the plant between the front door and window had been moved, and the window screen had been removed.  On closer inspection, I noticed that the lower window had been raised about 1 inch.  It is locked to the upper window, and that lock was still intact.  I pushed the window back down from the inside, and have subsequently taken additional precautions.  The whole house and windows are secured by ADT, and the alarm did not go off. 
On Monday I will call Thompson Creek, Pella, and Anderson regarding quotes to replace the 2-window system where one slides up & the other slides down -- with a single pane, as many have done along S St.  If I had a single window system, they could not have attempted to push the lower one up.

1 comment:

mona said...

Did you call the police and report it?