Saturday, December 02, 2017

NextDoor post: neighbor opposes the proposed pop-up at 137 S Street NW

See this NextDoor post about 137 S Street NW:


Pop-up Application for 137 S St NW


Hi all,

I received a notification regarding a special excemption application to build a pop-up and alter the roof and turret and front of the property for 137 S St NW (btw 1st and 2nd St). Our current zoning laws do not permit this type of construction as it would alter the front of the house and pop-up above the legal height limit.

I am unable to attend the public hearing to express my opposition to the special excemption on December 6th at 9:30am at 441 4th St NW suit 220 south. For those also opposed to the pop-up request I wanted to know if there were additional actions to try and block the request or if the neighborhood was in the process of doing so.

I've attached the letter I received from DC zoning which contains information on the special excemption application as well as the site that contains the architectural plans and instructions for participating in the case.

Please let me know if the neighborhood is already on this and if so how I can support the opposition collectively.

Thanks!
Jen


++
Note that the Bloomingdale Civic Association and ANC5E both voted to support. See the blog post here.

No comments: