Monday, September 03, 2012

bicycle stolen from 1st Street NW

See this message:
                                                                         
I wanted to share that my mountain bike was stolen from my top steps. 2000 block of 1st. NW within minutes.  The thief/thieves opened my gate, walked up the steps and took the bike early Sunday afternoon.  After calling the police.....who responded.  I then canvassed the area with help from a neighbor...with no success. I returned home and walked over and probed the guys who hang on the corner of 1st and U Street, and in front of the store on first.  Though they were not in front of the store or by the corner earlier, I felt that they ``knew`` something!  Suffice it to say they ``spotted`` a guy on the bike, chased him down and knocked on my door a few hours later.  The decals were scrapped off and light/reflectors were gone.  In seventeen plus years, I became a victim of opportunity crime......be vigilant

No comments: