Tuesday, September 04, 2012

"during heavy storms, why is Flagler Place a rushing river?"

From a resident on the 2000 block of Flagler Place NW
                               
I would like to put a question out in the local atmosphere.  Why does Flagler Place(s) become a rushing river of water crashing into U Street? This can be confirmed by any Flagler resident who witnessed this recent event as well as in July.
          
Don't need a WASA engineer to tell me there is a problem up north somewhere!  The water is flowing from above Bloomingdale and LeDroit Park and pooling in the Seaton and upper Shaw area.
        
I suggest we get an answer to this question from the powers-that-be. What has changed? And don't tell me it is because we are in the bottom of a sink. I already know that and have fought the water battles for more time that I care to admit. But, this is different and only rivals August 2001.

No comments: