Friday, December 20, 2013

MPD: robbery gun 300 block of T St NW in LeDroit Park

See this alert message passed along by LeDroit Park resident Jana Baldwin:




From: "DC Police Alert" <mpd48082@alert.ema.dc.gov>
Date: December 19, 2013 at 10:00:20 PM MST
To: "DC Police Alert Recipients" <rsan@alert.ema.dc.gov>
Subject: ROBBERY GUN

ROBBERY GUN

ROBBERY GUN 2313 HOURS 300 BLOCK OF T STREET NW LOOKOUT FOR (2) B/M,S LIGHT COMPLEXION, WEARING SCARVES OVER THEIR FACES, BLACK JACKETS, AND BLUE JEANS, ARMED WITH A HANDGUN DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20130651708

Sent on: 12/19 23:54

Sent by DC Police Alert to e-mail, pagers, cell phones....powered by Cooper Notification RSAN
---
- You received this alert because you registered for AlertDC.

- Go to https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/mygroups.php to change subscriptions.





1 comment:

1907 3rd St. LeDroit Park Break In said...

I was the unfortunate victim of this awful situation. I saw them from a distance and something made me feel uneasy, but I second guessed myself as being to cautious. They realized this and even laughed while robbing us and firing their gun. My lesson learned for the future is to go with my instinct and not to second doubt myself. Even though we didn't resist, they felt the need to fire a round into the sidewalk to let us know they meant business. It was however amazing to see how many great neighbors were there to not only be amazing witnesses, but were very compassionate and supportive. This was the first time I've been a victim of such a crime, so the good people of LeDroit Park very much helped us remain calm, so thank you to all those good people.