Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:43:48 +0000
Support Children’s National by taking part in the Race for Every Child
Hello Bloomingdale Residents!
We invite you to sign up to run, walk, or volunteer at the 3rd annual Race for Every Child 5K on Saturday, October 3, 2015 in support of Children’s National Health System. The Race for Every Child will bring over 5,000 participants to promote wellness in the community, celebrate children’s health, and support the mission of Children’s National, our nation’s pediatric hospital.
The Race for Every Child will be held at Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C. from 8:30am to 12:00pm and includes an event route along Pennsylvania Avenue between the Capitol and The White House, “America’s Main Street”, with music along the way to get you excited. There will also be a variety of activities throughout the day including food trucks, vendor tables, a fitness area by Fit Kids, children’s activities and inflatables by Great Kids Events, on-stage entertainment and much more!
Click HERE to watch a video of last year’s Race and see the attached flyer for more information.
Bloomingdale residents can receive $5 off the 5K registration with the code – BLOOMINGDALE. It’s easy to get started and your registration will include a race t-shirt and access to all of our post-race activities!
How to Register:
1. Visit www.raceforeverychild.org
2. Scroll down the homepage and click one of the buttons - Create a team, join or team, individual, or one of our Kids’ Dash option.
3. Follow the steps to get registered
4. When you get to the payment page, type in “BLOOMINGDALE” in the promo code field and hit “Apply” for $5 off the 5K registration fee!
5. Once you are registered, feel free to ask friends and families to join you or support by sending an email or posting on social media
How to Volunteer:
1. Visit HERE to sign up as a volunteer
2. Choose from a variety of volunteer opportunities before or on Race day
3. Want to get a group from your company to volunteer together? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your volunteer group set up.
If you can’t participate, we encourage you to share this flyer with your family, friends, colleagues, or others who might be interested in joining us. We appreciate your help in making the Race For Every Child a success for the children and families we serve and helping us reach our goal of $1.2 million!
For questions, please reach out to Ashley at email@example.com or (301) 565-8577.
Hope to see you at the starting line!