Wednesday, July 28, 2010

lost cat at the Hess gas station/Dunkin` Donuts

See this 7/28/2010 message from a Truxton Circle resident:

There is a cat that appears to be lost who is hanging out at the Dunkin` Donuts at the Hess Gas Station on Rhode Island and New Jersey Avenues. It is a sweet grey and white cat who is clearly not feral. The fur around its neck area has been shaved (a recent surgery making it impossible for it to wear a collar?). If anyone thinks this is their cat, head to the Dunkin` Donuts -- it is there most mornings. Otherwise, does anyone have suggestions on what to do? I hate to see it struggle to survive without alley cat skills, especially near such busy streets. But I don`t want to take it to the shelter only to get put down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If possible, I'm going to trap the kitty this evening and foster it at our place in Bloomingdale until its owner is found or there is room at a no-kill shelter. I'll also put up signs around the Hess station with my contact information just in case the owner comes looking through there.

Anonymous said...

Would anyone in the neighborhood be willing to foster the cat? I'm sure Elle can get you set up!

Anonymous said...

It would be great if you could post a photo of the cat. Also, take it to a vet's office and ask them to scan it for a microchip. It won't cost anything, and could possibly let you know who it belongs to.

kate m said...

I'd bring it to Washington Animal Rescue League. I'm pretty sure they're no kill... and it is a super nice shelter.