From the Eckington list at Google Groups:
ANC 5E04 February 2016 Community Update
"Pinkney, Sylvia (SMD 5E04)" <5E04@anc.dc.gov>: Feb 25 02:14PM
ANC 5E04 February 2016 Community Update
The next ANC 5E public monthly meeting is scheduled to convene on Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 7:00 pm, Friendship-Armstrong Public Charter School, 1400 First Street, NW.
ANC 5E voted to:
- Support Expenditures for Vimeo dedicated page for ANC 5E video recordings.
- Support Grant guidelines amendment to eliminate 501c3 status as a prerequisite to qualify for an ANC 5E grant.
- Support Bylaws amendment reflecting that the Chairperson ANC 5E shall forward the Committee of the Whole agenda to all 5E Commissioners (5) days in advance of the meeting.
- Oppose BZA Case #19191, variances from the lot occupancy requirements under § 403, the rear yard requirements under § 404, and the open court requirements under § 406, to permit a third-story addition to an existing flat in the R-4 District at premises 133 U Street N.E. (Square 3533, Lot 186).
- Support Petition for new sidewalks in the Unit Block of Q Street, NE.
- Support Zoning case #04-33G – Inclusionary Zoning – setting rental inclusionary zoning units to be affordable at 60% median income.
- Support Mediation – conflict resolution seminars to resolve issues surrounding a proposed Edgewood dog park.
- Support Resolution in support of development of the Urban Green-Flywheel-Upwall Coalition's Cycle House proposal for the District owned lot at 1520-1522 North Capitol Street, NW.
- BZA Case 19219 variance hearing March 22, for 2001 2nd Street, NE, LLC. Application of 2001 2nd St NE, LLC, pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3104.1, for a special exception from the residential conversion requirements pursuant to §§ 336.5 and 336.13, to expand an existing two-story, four-unit apartment house into a three-story, six-unit apartment house in the R-4 District at premises 2001 2nd Street N.E. (Square 3565, Lot 58). Vote postponed until March 15, 2016, monthly public meeting.
- BZA case 19101amendment adding parking spaces at 2112 to 2126 3RD Street, NE, -- no vote taken –
- ABRA-091021 Notice of Public Hearing on March 18, 2016 – Capitol Market located at 2501 North Capitol Street, NE is requesting a class change from a Retailer "B" grocery store to a Retailer "A" liquor store. Vote postponed until ANC 5E March 15, 2016, monthly public meeting.
Zoning Commission Notice of Public Hearing on March 10, 2016, at 6:30 pm in the Jerrily R. Kress Memorial Hearing Room, 441 4th Street, NW, Suite 220 – case #13-14B, Jair Lynch Development Partners – Modification to Consolidated PUD at square 3128, lot 600 – McMillan Reservoir Slow Sand Filtration Site – Parcel 4.
Parcel 4 was approved for a six-story, mixed used building with approximately 278 apartments, of which 85 would be for seniors, 55-years and older on the upper floors and a 52,920 square foot grocery store on the ground level. At the time of the approval the supermarket was not identified.
Harris Teeter has subsequently been identified for the space and some of the modifications are requested to accommodate their specific needs and requirements. Other modifications are as a result of additional architectural studies relating to the facade of the building.
Crosstown Study Public Workshop #2:
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Chavez Prep Middle School, Gymnasium
(770 Kenyon Street NW)
As a reminder, DDOT is undertaking the Crosstown Multimodal Transportation Study to identify improvements along the east-west connections that traverse Wards 1 and 5, address safety concerns, optimize mobility and operations, and improve efficiency for all modes along the corridor. DDOT will work with members of the community and key stakeholders to evaluate and develop a range of physical and operational improvements. The Crosstown Multimodal Transportation Study is a key project in the 2-Year Action Plan for moveDC
the District of Columbia's multimodal long-range transportation plan.