See the email below from the DC Historic Preservation Office.
Note the lone entry for the LeDroit Park Historic District, located right next door to Bloomingdale.
The lone entry is for a NEW CONSTRUCTION rowhouse at 1850 5th Street NW.
Note that you don’t see items going before the Historic Preservation Review Board (HPRB) for any interior renovations. Interior renovations get approved at DCRA at the Historic Preservation counter -- no forwarding to the HRPB for its review.
But a new construction project in a neighborhood Historic District definitely must be brought before the HPRB.
Other than the Joe Mamo lot at North Capitol & Florida Avenue NW and McMillan, I don't think that Bloomingdale has any empty lots waiting for new construction.
F Y I.
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:21 AM
Subject: [HistoricWashington] HPRB Live Video Webcast - February 25, 2016
Greetings: Tomorrow's HPRB hearing will be webcast live at 9:00 AM. Please Citizens may view the hearing at this URL: http://planning.dc.gov/node/568302 Please select "View Live Video".
The agenda and staff reports are accessible on our website at: http://planning.dc.gov/node/1139186__________
HPRB AGENDAFebruary 25, 2016
MEETING LOCATION: 441 4th Street NW, Room 220 South
The Historic Preservation Review Board will meet to consider the following items. The meetings will begin at 9:00 am. Applicants and those interested in testifying should arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to the assigned time for the case.
A. Western High School (Duke Ellington School of the Arts), 3500 R Street NW, HPA 14-133, materials and finishes
CAPITOL HILL HISTORIC DISTRICT
B. 125 D Street SE, HPA 16-005, concept/rear additionC. 647 South Carolina Avenue SE, HPA 16-203, concept/rear addition
D. 231 10th Street SE, HPA 16-209, concept/garage addition
E. 229 10th Street SE, HPA 16-207, concept/rear addition and garage addition
14TH STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
F. 1336 14th Street, NW, HPA 16-151, concept/exterior alterations and addition
LEDROIT PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
G. 1850 5th Street NW, HPA 16-204, concept/new rowhouse
SAINT ELIZABETHS HOSPITAL HISTORIC DISTRICT
H. 1100 Alabama Avenue SE, HPA 16-106, installation of solar arrays on carports and the rooftop of the new hospital building
U STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
I. 1922 11th Street NW, HPA 16-105, rear and roof additionJ. 1813 12th Street NW, HPA 16-140, rear addition
K. 1514 Swann Street NW, HPA 16-153, roof addition and infill court
L. 919 R Street NW, HPA 16-206, roof addition
FEBRUARY 25 AGENDA
HISTORIC LANDMARK NOMINATIONS
1. 9:00 – 9:30 Southern Railway Building, 1500 K Street NW, Case 11-052. 9:30 – 10:00 Lincoln Playground Fieldhouse, 555 L Street SE, Case 15-02
WALTER REED ARMY MEDICAL CENTER
3. 10:00 – 10:45 6825 16th Street NW, HPA 16-158, concept/gym addition and alterations to Delano Hall for school
U STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
4. 10:45 – 11:30 1901-1905 9½ Street NW, HPA 16-101, new construction, roof and rear additions
5. 11:30 – 12:15 Chevy Chase Arcade, 5520 Connecticut Avenue NW, HPA 16-154, replace iron gates with glass doors
12:15 LUNCH BREAK
DUPONT CIRCLE HISTORIC DISTRICT
6. 1:15 – 2:00 1508, 1510 and 1512 21st Street NW, HPA 16-148, concept/five-story addition behind and above three rowhouses
STRIVERS SECTION HISTORIC DISTRICT
7. 2:00 – 3:00 1706 V Street NW, HPA 16-094, concept/new multi-unit residential building
CLEVELAND PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
8. 3:00 – 3:45 3515 Woodley Road NW, HPA 16-144, concept/reconstruction of single-family house
Bruce Yarnall • Historic Preservation Operations Manager
DC Office of Planning
1100 4th Street SW, Suite E650 • Washington, DC 20024