McMillan Advisory Group (MAG) March 10th Monthly Meeting
Proposed agenda items for the March 10th meeting, 7pm, Inspired Teaching School, 200 Douglas St. NE, multipurpose room
- DC Department of Transportation Crosstown Multimodal Transportation Study:discussion of the first public meeting last week and suggestion that the MAG encourage our communities to participate by looking at the web site for the project (http://www.dccrosstownstudy.com/index.html ) and in particular to contribute to the interactive improvements map ( http://www.dccrosstownstudy.com/interactivemap/ ) where we can note current and anticipated traffic problems and make suggestions for improvement.
Also, DDOT has proposed a second public meeting, Wednesday April 20th, 6-8pm, at the Chavez Prep Middle School Gymnasium, 770 Kenyon St. NW.
- Discussion of Zoning Commission hearing on the Jair Lynch buildings, February 8th 'proposed action’ on the buildings adjacent to 1st St. NW (case 13-14A) and the March 10th scheduled first hearing on the grocery store building (case 13-14B).
- Parcel 2 Final Proffers going forward without discussion and input from MAG or Civic Associations.
We haven't even been given the courtesy of seeing the documents.
- The DDOT Florida Ave. Transportation Study report has been issued and is available here:
- Other housekeeping and community concerns.
The MAG meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7PM. Our current meeting place is the Inspired Teaching School, 200 Douglas St. NE (the old Shaed Elementary), or at the Summit at St. Martin’s, 116 T St. NE, depending on room availability. All meetings are open to the public. Kirby’s cellphone: 202 213 2690.