REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS TO SERVE ON
STEERING COMMITTEE OF BVS YOUTH PROJECT
"Taking Village History to Our Youth"
BCA's Bloomingdale Village Square (BVS) Initiative seeks to promote inclusive structures of decision-making in our gentrifying neighborhood. Consequently, the BVS Youth Project will include a diverse steering committee that willl review, discuss and approve all major decisions related to the project. Of course, these decisions will be reported to the BCA Executive Committee for ratification, and as necessary submitted to the BCA Membership for final approval/disapproval.
The BVS Youth Project will have 6 to 12 voluntary members on its Steering Committee. It is expected that the Steering Committee will meet 3 or 4 times during the 1-year term of the youth project. In between these meetings, Committee work will be conducted by email and conference calls.
We seek Steering Committee members who meet 1 or more of the following characteristics or competencies:
- Financial management
- Lawyer or Contract Specialist (to review and comment on personal contracts).
- Educators at middle-school and/or high school level
- Staff or Board members of a neighborhood youth-serving organizations and/or churches
- Parents of a middle school or high school student
- Bloomingdale residents for more than 25 years
- Bloomingdale residents for 5 to 25 years
- Social media and/or Public Information skills
- Other skills, knowledge, or experiences that you believe will be of benefit to the project.
Please consider lending your skills and experience to the BVS Youth Project! If interested in serving on the Project's Steering Committee, contact Co-Project Directors Bertha Holliday (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Cerruti (email@example.com) by SATURDAY, JULY 20.
It takes a village to raise a child.
Bertha G., Holliday, PhD & Associates, LLC
Independent Consultant (Diversity Assessment, Planning, Implementation & Evaluation)
49 T Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Bloomingdale Village Square Project
"Building Community Identity & Sense of Place"
Commissioner, ANC 5E07
Fellow, American Psychological Association