Thursday, November 06, 2014

Bertha Holliday: ANC5E07 election results

See this message from ANC 5E07 candidate Bertha Holliday, originally sent to campaign committee members and financial supporters.
                          
From: Bertha Holliday
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:34:24 -0500
Subject: ANC 5E07 Election Results


Wanted to provide you info on election results: As of 10:00 AM  Nov. 5,  the vote is Betsy -289 votes and Bertha - 276 votes (13 votes difference).  But The DC Election Board has informed me that  this is NOT a final vote count as it does not include (a) special ballots,( e.g.folks who registered and voted  at the polls on election day , and folks who voted  at a polling place other than their assigned precinct) or (b) absentee ballots.  Consequently the final vote will not be certified until November 30.  So I guess this is what is callled a cliff-hanger.
                      
Whether I win or lose -- I am very proud of the campaign I was was able to mount with your assistance.  It was a transparent  campaign -- it provided multiple opportunities for people to meet me and ask questions  -- it was informative and I believe helped to raise folks' awareness about the functions and importance of ANCs -- it was inclusive and involved outreach to multiple communities  (e.g., religious, business, Latina/o)  and organizations within Bloomingdale  -- it sought to mirror the vision that defined and  distinguished the campaign i.e. transparency in public affairs, responsiveness,  respectfulness, connection among neighbors, and civic participation  --  it was a great educational experience for me ( and  hopefully for you too!)  .  
      
I take this opportunity to again thank you for your financial assistance, and your help with distributing more than  4000 pieces of campaign literature, establishing a first rate campaign website, holding four meet and greets,helping me prepare for a candidates forum,  calling voters, and spreading the word about the Holliday Campaign.  I am deeply honored and appreciative of your efforts and other generous gestures of support.
  
Bertha
  
Bertha G., Holliday, PhD & Associates, LLC.  
 

No comments: