Monday, November 10, 2014

Thank you, Bloomingdale and farewell send off 11-11-2014 Boundary Stone, 116 Rhode Island Avenue NW

From: john.salatti@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 22:38:52 -0500
Subject: Thank you, Bloomingdale and farewell send off 11/11 Boundary Stone, 116 Rhode Island Avenue NW



John Salatti Thanks Bloomingdale Tuesday, November 11, 2014, Boundary Stone Public House from 4:00 to 10:00.


THANK YOU, BLOOMINGDALE!!

A few weeks ago, Commissioner Austin Pearl posted that I am moving away from Bloomingdale and from Washington.  I thank him for his kind words and appreciate him taking the time to offer his good wishes to me as I leave.  Knowing that Austin is the commissioner for the district that I used to represent, I leave a little more at ease.  And leaving is hard for me.  I will deeply deeply miss the daily interactions with so many neighbors whether electronically or on the street.  Bloomingdale is a very much part of me now and always will be.  You are very much a part of me.  You have given me so much during the 10 years I’ve lived here.  And so I thank you from the bottom of my heart and then some.

I certainly thank all the people who have posted online about my move and who have stopped me on the street to wish me well or thank me in some way.  I thank the residents of Bloomingdale Court as well as Atilla Suzer and the staff at Bacio for the great shindigs they put together for me last week.

I particularly thank Vicky Leonard of Flagler Place NW.  Over eight years ago, Vicky approached me to run for ANC. I demurred at first saying, rightfully so, that I didn’t really know enough about the area and the people who live here.  (I was green green about the neighborhood.)  But she persisted and so I took her up on this opportunity to serve.  For that push, I will always be grateful, Vicky.

Of course, I am forever grateful to my wife, Acacia, for running my first campaign flawlessly and for always supporting my community efforts, even though serving the community took up a great deal of my time and kept me out of the house a lot.

Frankly, I could go block by block throughout Bloomingdale and beyond and thank individual neighbors for all we’ve done and shared.  But rather than go on and on, let me really show you my appreciation.  I have teamed up with the gracious team at Boundary Stone (Matt, Gareth, and Colin:  THANKS, GUYS!) to throw a “Thank You, Bloomingdale” party.  On Tuesday, November 11th, Boundary Stone will have an extended happy hour (4:00–10:00) with complementary snacks (4:00–7:00).  So please come out on the 11th.  Let’s celebrate all we’ve accomplished together.  Let’s have some fun.  And let me thank you.


No comments: