Thursday, April 30, 2015

GGW: "Will DC soon limit the renovations I can make to my row house?"

Click on the link to read the entire Greater Greater Washington blog post:

Ask GGW: Will DC soon limit the renovations I can make to my row house?

DC's Zoning Commission recently voted to impose new limits on how tall a homeowner can make a row house in an R-4 zone, the moderate density row house district that includes most of Columbia Heights. It also tightened restrictions on how many units such a house can contain.
But what exactly was the final rule? When will it take effect? Jim writes, "I'm wondering if there's any way for me to look at the actual language of the proposed regulations. If I added a third unit in my home, would I have to rent it at a reduced rate? Is there somewhere you might guide me for some clarity? Is it your sense that this is a done deal?"
Here's the scoop, Jim.
...

No comments: