Sunday, April 23, 2017

obituary for long-time Bloomingdale resident Pauline Young

See this message from a neighbor:

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=pauline-v-davis-young&pid=185118601&referrer=0&preview=false

Bertha/Scott
 
I'm not sure if you heard, but Pauline Young died recently. She was my neighbor, friend and a long time resident of Bloomingdale. She has a wonderful family who has been helping to care for her for the few years.
 
 She lived in Bloomingdale since at least the early 60's or 50's and she used to tell me about the neighborhood back then. Pauline and her family were interviewed for the Bloomingdale oral history project. I was out of town last week and was unable to attend her funeral. 
 
She was a delightful, happy person and I always enjoyed her company, her stories and her positive outlook on life. I will miss her!
 
Eric



1 comment:

Unknown said...

My condolences to the family, friends and neighbors of Mrs. Young. The interview with Mrs. Young was one of the highlights of the oral history project! I hope that the project will continue and preserve more stories from neighbors.


http://www.bloomingdalecivicassociation.org/villagecenter/

Three years ago today, my neighbor Mr. Johnson passed away. My thoughts are with Mrs. Johnson, and all of us who enjoyed chatting with him and hearing his advice and stories.

If you are new to the neighborhood and haven't gotten to know any of your neighbors who have lived here for many years, take a few moments, and maybe you will be lucky enough to learn something new from someone a little older.