Bloomingdale/LeDroit Park Residents,
I am pleased to report that we are making good progress on our Action Agenda for your neighborhoods. We have added a number of new updates to our web page while also updating existing items. Specifically, we have posted the following:
· Confirmed dates, times and location for the Backflow Prevention Workshops.
§ Workshop 1 – Thursday, September 6, from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Bryant Street Pumping Station (301 Bryant Street, N.W.).
§ Workshop 2 – Saturday, September 8, from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Bryant Street Pumping Station (301 Bryant Street, N.W.).
o Please see the attached postcard for more information about the workshops, and please share with your neighbors.
· To date, DC Water has inspected approximately 30,000 feet of the 90,000 total feet of sewers in the Bloomingdale/LeDroit Park area. We expect the remainder of the inspection to be complete by the end of September, and will report back on any findings.
· We have updated both the flood overlay map (Google version) and survey/email/hotline results.
· The application form and waiver for the Backflow Preventer Rebate Program have been posted, and as discussed, we will also begin mailing this information to eligible households within the impact area in the coming week.
· DC Water is working closely with DCRA to clarify the permit requirements as they relate to the use of DC licensed plumbers for backflow preventer installation. For convenience, this and related information will be made available on both the DC Water and DCRA websites.
· Finally, we have included a link to the press release and Mayor's Order for Mayor Vincent Gray's establishment of the Bloomingdale/LeDroit Park Flooding Task Force. Our General Manager and City Administrator Allen Lew are co-chairs. We expect the first meeting to take place in a few days.
We will continue sending this type of update every two weeks or as events warrant.
Thanks much, and have a wonderful weekend!
Emanuel D. Briggs |Manager, Community Outreach, External Affairs | District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority | firstname.lastname@example.org
5000 Overlook Avenue, SW | Washington, DC 20032 | (202) 787-2003 | (202) 341-7952 (cell) | (202) 787-4122 (fax)