Friday, August 19, 2016

DDOT response to Tim Bennett's concerns about North Capitol Street traffic




From: Tim Bennett
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:53 AM
Subject: Update on North Capitol Street Traffic


Scott, 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do a "ride-along" with the Deputy Chief of Staff for CM McDuffie's office to review the state of traffic on North Capitol Street.    

After several months of not receiving a response from DDOT or the Councilman's office regarding my letter http://bloomingdaleneighborhood.blogspot.com/2016/05/letter-to-ddot-re-north-capitol-street.html?m=1 , it was impressive that one of his staff was willing to meet with me to discuss these issues in depth, and before regular working hours!  His staff was professional, and listened to my concerns and was willing to bring these back to the CM and the DDOT.  

Yesterday afternoon (coincidence?), I received a number of emails from DDOT regarding my letter.   They: 

-Responded to my letter, point by point (Attached)

-Submitted several North Capitol signage requests to 311 Mayors Service Request Center 

-Provided me with a survey to complete regarding traffic calming. I have 45 days to complete that form.  If other members of Bloomingdale, Eckington, Stronghold, Etc. would like input on that survey, please let me know. 

I am drafting a response to DDOT in the coming day(s), and will keep you informed on our progress. 

Cheers, 


Tim 

No comments: