Saturday, September 03, 2016

Bloomingdale resident Colby Goddard's lasagna for sale - order now - pickup tomorrow at Grassroots Gourmet

See this 09-01-2016 message:




Lasagna for sale – Pick up Sunday September 4, 2016 noon to 4PM, at Grassroots Gourmet 

Hello neighborhood friends! My name is Colby Goddard , I live in the neighborhood and work for The Capital Candy Jar. Last November, my boss, David Burton let me use our commercial kitchen space to make my famous Lasagna and sell it to make a little extra cash. This Monday is my 30th birthday, and my wonderful boss is going to let me make lasagna again to increase my birthday budget. I don’t know when I will be able to do this again, so take advantage now and get some authentic Lasagna for the holiday weekend.  

A little bit about what all goes into the lasagna. Everything is made by myself (besides the lasagna noodles and Italian sausage) I use fresh and organic ingredients, no artificial flavors or preservatives here. The red Ragú sauce is made up of carrots, celery, onions, garlic, mild Italian sausage, and tomato sauce, this all cooks for over 8 hours. The lasagna is layered with Ragú, homemade béchamel sauce (Italian white sauce) mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, and noodles. I learned this recipe while I was living in Italy for two years. This recipe is always a crowd pleaser. 

I am also a doing vegetarian option which is the same as mentioned above, just without the Italian sausage and has extra vegetables. 

If you don't have need for the lasagna right now, don't worry they freeze wonderfully and will last for up to three months frozen. I sell them unbaked so you can bake them when it's most convenient for you. Unbaked lasagna can last in fridge for up to a week, if it will be longer till you are able to bake, freezing is recommended. Baked lasagna reheats just fine in an oven or a microwave.  

I am selling two sizes of lasagna.  

1) Small -  3 lbs. $25

Great for individuals and small families.  

2) Medium - 5 lbs. $40

Great for individuals who want to enjoy lasagna for more than one meal, also great for family dinner or a small getting together of friends. Easily feeds 8 people.  

They are available in two flavors, Italian sausage and Vegetable medley.  

The lasagna will be available to pick up from Grassroots Bakery 104 Rhode Island Ave. NW Washington DC 20001 on Sunday September 4, 2016,  from 12 pm - 2 pm.   

If you would like to order some, Please send an email to lasagnaloveDC@gmail.com 

Leave your name and phone number and Please specify the size and flavor you would like. 

Please bring CASH, exact change when you pick up from Grassroots Gourmet. I am not able to take credit cards this time. CASH ONLY 

**PLACE ORDERS BY SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3,  8PM** 

Please feel free to pass this along to family and friends. 

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to me at lasagnaloveDC@gmail.com or on my cell at 702-290-2733
 



No comments: