Wednesday, September 28, 2016

woman groped last night near 4th & R Street NW

See this 09-28-016 message:

I wanted to share that on Tuesday [09-27-2016], 9:15pm around R St and 4th St NW - I was approached by a tall, thin, masked african american man with dreadlocks wearing gloves. He stopped right in front of me, pretending to look for his keys to enter the house, turned suddenly and groped my breast. Considering how he was dressed, I believe he will continue doing this so I wanted to let the women in the community know. I unfortunately was so startled that I didn't call the police to make a report.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Report it to police--even if late to do so.

Alexandra said...

Agreed, came here to say the same thing. Please go ahead and report it. Completely understandable that you wouldn't want to do so in those circumstances, but it is fine to do so after the fact and could/should help increase police presence. I'm so sorry this happened to you :(.

kay said...

Sort of similar occurrence: in August, I think it was — it was hot, in any case — I was bike riding up RI Ave NW at 5th St NW after work, so around 6:30pm, and saw a tall guy dressed in black pants, a red hoodie with the hood up, and a ski mask approach a small group of women walking and grab one's rear. She yelled and he started running. I asked if she knew him/if he took anything and she said no, he had just grabbed her. I'm an idiot and started riding after him but I lost him. Folks called the cops but by the time they got there (which was actually pretty quickly considering no one was physically injured, thank goodness) he was gone. So gross. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenifer said...

Yes, please report it even if late and even if police at station give you a hard time about reporting it late, or they downplay the incident. You may have to insist on their taking down a written report. We had a family member who was mugged on way home couple years ago and when he went to report it next day the officer at station didnt want to right it up as "late" but we insisted and huffing and puffing she did. The reporting of crime makes for more accurate statistics which determines funds allocation.