You can see the concept drawing below.
Note that the entire bottom of the tripartite is park space. VMP would spend time with the MAG planning the actual final park layout and amenities.
Some other strategic changes of note (not comprehensive!):
- Once DC Water vacates the site, a one-acre park will be created in the northeast corner of the site at Cell 14
- The rowhouses, previously located along the southern border of the site, are * north * of the southern silo/regulator corridor. So no rowhouses along Channing Street as in the prior renderings.
- More vehicular connectivity/permeability - less public space, but wider sidewalks in North Service Court
- More open space, larger Central Park - no flexibility on density and heights
- More preservation of the elevated Olmstead Walk -- less setback along North Capitol Street
- Five floors of housing would be constructed over the grocery.
- The grocery would be a * premium * grocery [place your bets now]
- Integrated affordable housing throughout -- no dedicated affordable Senior Housing
Mark your calendars for a Community Meeting on Preliminary Building Designs on Saturday, April 20, 2013, 10 am to 12 noon.