Saturday, April 13, 2013

break-in on the unit block of Q St NW this past Tuesday, 04-09-2013

See this message from a resident on the unit block of Q Street NW: 
Our house on the unit block of Q St NW was broken into during the daytime last Tuesday. 
We believe they forced open one of our side windows without bars because the latch was bent.  This was after they attempted to kick down the front door (our front door is a mess, but we had strong locks). All of our electronics, bikes, and power tools were missing when we arrived home after work.  We reported to the police and they are investigating the burglary.  
In the meantime, we are putting up bars on all our windows and installing a cellular alarm system.  The police said that crime is going down in our neighborhood and this is an isolated incident, but I want to make sure everyone is aware and takes the necessary precautions with protecting their homes.   Don't take down your bars just yet! 
Side note and small victory:  I managed to get my bike back last Saturday when I saw a man with my bike on North Capitol and used the opportunity to grab my bike and scare him off.   (I made a police report and gave them a description). 


No comments: