Thursday, April 25, 2013

tweets from this morning's HPRB hearing on McMillan

I watched this morning's live webcast of the DC Historic Preservation Review Board (HPRB) hearing on McMillan.



I tweeted as I watched, as did @Bloomingdame and @FriendsofMillan.

I created a chirpstory of the tweets from the three of us.

You can read the tweet feed here.

Instructions on reading the chirpstory:
    
After clicking here, go to the bottom and find the Load Remaining (10) button.
Click on it.
Then start reading the tweets from the bottom and work your way up.




4 comments:

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

So VMP may need to revisit its McMillan design guidelines to make the buildings more sensitive to the site (and less Tyson`s Corner-ish), according to the HPRB this morning.

Bloomingdale Resident said...

I wonder how this morning's HPRB comments will affect the game plan for the VMP open house on Saturday? It seems odd to present drawings that will require so much modification to receive HPRB support. Yet it is always good to have another opportunity for neighbors to offer input.

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

Good question, Bloomingdale resident. Be sure to come out to tomorrow's VMP Buildings Open House and ask the VMP team.

Todd said...

Thank god. Thanks to you guys for holding these rascals accountable for their poor design. I'd be there if I wasn't in Dakar. But I am keenly watching this and trying to battle with the pen/keyboard as much as i can. I am not opposed to development, but this is far too much concrete and bad architecture.