Thursday, January 09, 2014

Stephanie Tansey: "what do YOU want to be sustainable in Bloomingdale?"

See this message:



I am writing a book around the question of what urban residents want to be sustainable in a sustainable community. I have selected two communities, Bloomingdale in DC and Fenglinlvzhou in Beijing, China.  I currently live in Beijing and have a home in Bloomingdale and coming tomorrow, January 9th, for ten days to discuss and listen to people about this topic.

I want to put a short query on your listserv.  This is to get a general sense of interest or relevance in Bloomingdale.  Just one or two questions.  If people respond then I might ask them some more questions.

I consulted Hugh Youngblood about asking you and he thought you'd agree.  I am attaching a draft query.  I am happy to edit it to suit your members.

I have already been in touch with Kirby Vining, John Salatti, and of course my son David Tansey and others in Bloomingdale.  I am joining a dinner group on Monday in Bloomingdale, and another on Tuesday, and hope to talk with a broad range of people over the next ten days.  Any suggestions or an opportunity to meet and talk to you is most appreciated as well.

Best regards,

Stephanie Tansey

Stephanie B. Tansey
International Director
Earth Charter Communities Network (ECCN)
Feng Lin Lv Zhou 1-18B
Beijing, China 100101
China: 15311301488
US: 916-384-5688

                   

               
                                 

No comments: