Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:32 PM
Just Announced: Improv for Business Leaders (Present and Future) Class at The Unified Scene Theater
We hear many reasons why students sign up for an improv class. Everything from “I need better people skills” to “I need to do something fun outside of my job”. What if improv skills could actually enhance your job? What if you could take the fun, joy and life skills experienced with improv and apply these to your work on a daily basis? Our Improv for Business Leaders (Present & Future) class at The Unified Scene Theater (80 T Street NW, Bloomingdale), which meets weekly on Tuesdays starting November 1st and continuing through December 13th (five weeks of instruction, with a graduation show in week six, on December 13th; NO CLASS on November 8th) will teach you to do just that. We will address a variety of realities and fears business professionals face every day using the lens of improv, including:
*Public speaking: Learning how to feel more comfortable and confident in public speaking situations
* Going “off script”: Handling unexpected conversations, and delivering presentations without just reading from PowerPoint slides
* Teambuilding: Creating healthy, supportive team relationships whether as a leader or team player
* Positive culture: Bringing a “Yes, and…” attitude to the workplace and infusing that spirit across the office
* Listening: Understanding the importance of listening to your colleagues, clients and business partners so that you don’t miss critical information, both which is said and unsaid
* Emotional Intelligence (EQ): Recognizing and owning your own emotions and others and leveraging those for authentic communications in the workplace
* Creativity: Tapping into your creative side to reduce fear, unlock barriers and generate new ideas at work
*Body Language: Building awareness of physicality and body language to understand how nonverbal cues often provide more insight than words in daily communications
This course will be team-taught by the co-owners of The Unified Scene Theater: Kathy Baird Westfall, Managing Director of Content and Social/Digital Strategy for Ogilvy North America; and Shawn Westfall, former Senior Strategist and Senior Creative at Burson-Marsteller, who, together have nearly four decades of experience helping shape the social media profiles, communications and advertising for Fortune 500 companies, as well as pitching to and winning the business of these clients. It's designed for anyone who works in a business environment, anyone who wants to work in a business environment, or frankly for anyone who works and deals with others at all.
No prior experience necessary. Bring yourself, a notebook and an open mind. All egos must be checked at the door.
To register, go here: https://squareup.com/store/the-unified-s...
By the way, you might want to act fast: previous incarnations of this class sold out quickly and this class is already half-sold out.
See You On The Scene,
Shawn and KathyThe Unified Scene Theater
80 T Street NW
The Unified Scene Theater
The Unified Scene Theater