Sunday, April 09, 2017

neighbor seeking recommendations for a door installer

Se this 04-09-2017 message:

Hey Neighbors. I am looking for a company to install a new front door on our home. I went to Home Depot initially to consider door options and the idea of having them install one for me, but the gentleman they sent out to measure our current door and do the lead test said his door installation guys would *try* to not destroy the woodwork around the door opening and *try* to not ruin the transom above the door. That isn't going to cut it for me. There MUST be a company out there that can replace my front door without ruining the original woodwork of the entryway. Help? Write me at erinwhite@yahoo.com with recommendations. Thank you.

1 comment:

Carin said...

House of Doors in Alexandria, http://www.houseofdoors.com/ . They are the only people I found in the area who promised not to destroy my interior or exterior trim. Everybody else looked at me like I was crazy for even requesting that. Old houses are what they do. They made a door to fit my door opening, period style appropriate to my house with low-E glass in the windows, hung it, and weather-stripped it with bronze, all for a lot less than the places that want to sell you a pre-hung fiberglass door were quoting me.