Tuesday, September 24, 2013

introduction from the business owners of the new Mexican restaurant planned for 108 Rhode Island Avenue NW

See this message from area resident Phil Rodriguez:
 

Hello Neighbors!
            
Many of you have probably noticed the paper that went up in the windows of 108 Rhode Island Ave recently, so I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and let the community know what the plans are for the property. My name is Phil Rodriguez, and I am very excited to announce that myself and my business partner Tony Lucca are planning to open a sit down restaurant in the space serving traditional Mexican food and Latin cocktails. Aside from my personal passion for Mexican food, Tony and I  feel that Mexican food will be a great addition to the current selection of amazing restaurants in Bloomingdale.
 
A little about me. I have lived a block from the site of the new restaurant near the corner of N Cap at T St NE with my family for almost 10 years (well the kids haven't quite been around quite that long). I am currently one of owners of Sticky Rice DC on H St NE, and also 1905 Bistro and Bar on 9th St NW along with my business partner Tony. Tony and I have been looking for a location in Bloomingdale for a while and are very excited to finally be moving forward. 
 
As a business owner and a resident of this community I am aware that some of you may have questions or concerns about the project and I would welcome you to contact me directly with them. I can be reached at the following email address, phil@1905dc.com.  Additionally, Tony and I will be attending as many community meetings as possible in the coming months to address any questions or concerns that might come up. 
      
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.
                          
Phil Rodriguez
   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Rodrigues -
Congratulations on your new restaurant, and congratulations to Bloomingdale for scoring another experienced DC restaurateur and neighbor. I, for one, can say that I can't wait to have Mexican food within walking distance.
Thanks for reaching out to the blog and sharing your contact information. Looking forward to meeting you and Mr. Lucca and watching the build-out - hope you will share pictures. When it is time to test the menu items, I am available anytime!

Good luck!

Unknown2 said...

This is very exciting, I can't wait to see this new restaurant realized. congratulations.
My only concern is that this planned site is within a mile of Bertha's house so is it anticipated that we should all gear up for yet another long protest process? Or does she like mexican food?

John W DC said...

I'm really looking forward to it as well. Welcome!!!