Friday, May 31, 2013

Ward 5 CM McDuffie: "Internal Review of My Constituent Service Fund"

See this 05-31-2013 message from Councilmember McDuffie's office:
    
From: Councilmember Kenyan R. McDuffie <dcdocs@dc.gov>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Internal Review of My Constituent Service Fund

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Bookmark and Share
CM McDuffie Letterhead
May 31, 2013

Dear Ward 5 Residents,

It is with deep regret that I report that following a routine, internal review of my Constituent Service Fund, I learned on Wednesday that a member of my staff made $225.07 in unauthorized expenditures from the Fund. This obviously is a very serious personnel matter, and I am disheartened that this incident occurred.
I hold myself and my office to the highest standard of personal integrity and have acted swiftly to address this matter. To this end, yesterday I took the necessary steps to terminate the employee and reported the violation to the Office of Campaign Finance (OCF). Now that this matter is under review, I have full confidence that OCF will conduct a thorough and prompt investigation.

Best, 
Signature

1 comment:

TheCommiss said...

CM Mcduffie...this is not a good thing. You were forewarned of this person's criminal background, their previous behavior and you still hired him! It's time to take stock in the judgement of one's character in these matters, something that can prove to be very harmful to your career. I am happy to see you took action, but frankly I expected that you would not hire him once you learned of his history. I will expect better from now on!