Tuesday, January 24, 2006

how wars start.

this was on a few of the neighborhoods listserves today



Today, a large group of male teenagers around 4:30 p.m. and a few adult males -- attacked a young boy in the alley. The boy was unconscious from the beating. When myself and several other adult neighbors came outside the large group moved on. I immediately called 911 as did several other neighbors.

The group disbanded and the boy lay unconscious in the alley. I pleaded with his friends to not move him until the ambulance came. He could not stand or walk on his own. They lifted him up and carried him to 1711 Lincoln Road where he lay on the sidewalk. Then later they carried him down the alley to get away before the police arrived.

After I hung up with police and fire, I ran down to the alley to check on the boy. My neighbor ran outside to give the boy some ice to put on his face. His friends were crying and carrying him down the alley -- promising to retaliate later on today.

The young boy could not have been more than 12 or 13 years old. I am still a bit shaken up from the experience.

No comments: