Thursday, July 08, 2010

watering the treebox trees on the 100 block of Randolph Place NW

From a neighbor on the 100 block of Randolph Place NW:

If anyone on Randolph Place NW toward the 2nd Street NW end is willing to contribute the water and has a hose, I'll do the actual sweaty work of watering the new trees down that way (including the one across 2nd with the sign on it saying "Please water me."

Best for me is tonight (Thurs.) after 9:00 pm or sometime this weekend.

For that matter, if the logistics could be worked out, I'd help water trees in the neighborhood this weekend.

4 comments:

John Salatti said...

THANK YOU RANDOLPH PLACE NEIGHBOR! I am not near enough to that area to be able to help with the water, but if the trees do not have them, I have a supply of tree watering bags. They will make watering the trees quicker, easier, and less wasteful of water. Please let me know if you would like a few.

Again, many thanks for this amazing gift to the neighborhood.

John


John T. Salatti
Commissioner, ANC 5C04
(202) 986-2592
John.Salatti@gmail.com

"Together, Building a Better Bloomingdale"

Unknown said...

We've got a hose & water spigot out front at 125 if someone has (or can get) those watering bags, we can water how ever far our hose will reach this wkend or tonight. I've unfortunately been neglecting our backyard plants as well & they're now shriveling up, I'd hate to see our much needed trees die off in this heat! Thanks! -Daphne Schultz

Unknown said...

Can anyone tell me if they still have any of the tree watering bags available that I can pick up or how I can go about getting some for our block? Thx!
-Daphne

Anonymous said...

Hey, Daphne,

This is your 129 neighbor. I have a bunch of those bags under my porch. I haven't bothered to use them because I can't figure a way to get the water to them once they're actually around the trees. Come and get 'em if you want 'em. Also, if anyone has a bright idea (or a 500-foot hose), let me know.