Sunday, December 09, 2012

LeDroit Park sewer backup video

See this broadly-distributed message from a LeDroit Park resident:


Hello All...
NO we haven't forgotten about the Sewer Backups.
  
This is a video I was able to recover from my phone during one of the "sewer backups"...
                    
In the video you can clearly see that this was a sewer back up and not overland flooding...see the street, toilet, shower, etc.
I hope the council gets to see this so they have a better understanding of the ridiculous situation the city has put us in.
P.S. This was only during the beginning of the the backup, I had to stop taping to secure my home from possible electrical hazards as the water continued to rise...
Another Sewer Back up video, this one shows a bit more how high the water got...it actually got higher than this in Ledroit Park.

++
And here is the subsequent response from Ward 1 Councilmember Jim Graham:


From: Jim Graham <Jim@grahamwone.com>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 8:12 AM
Subject: RE: VIDEO: Sewer Backup

Thanks, I viewed it. It is awful, As I hope you know, a lot of energy by the Mayor and Council is now going into finding permanent solutions to this awful problem.  Bests J

No comments: