Monday, July 28, 2014

ANC 5E08 Commissioner Austin Pearl: "drug dealing brings drug users... to my parking pad"

Subject: Drug dealing brings drug users... to my parking pad
                  

             


All, 

I came home this evening to a strange car in my parking pad--a BMW with Washington tags. For the record, I live at the east end of Crispus Attucks Park. Although you can't tell from the photo, it was beaten up pretty badly. As I pulled up alongside it (I couldn't initially tell if there was anyone in there), I realized there was a man and a woman inside. The man immediately waved, started the car, and began pulling away. The woman looked like she was either high out of her mind or just exhausted, and had a lighter in her hands. She was covering something else up but I couldn't see what it was.                                    
In any case, I immediately called 9-11 and gave them the description of the vehicle and the license plate number. I suspect they recently bought drugs and needed a place to get high. So I again want to reiterate that if you see something suspicious, call 9-11. I'm usually home pretty late, and I've definitely noticed a lot of cars languishing on the 2000 block of North Capitol on the occasion I'm here during the day. 
          

Just remember that drug dealers bring a lot of other problems and dangers--everything from trespassing to litter. As such, their activity needs to be reported.  
 
Thanks, 
                 
Austin L. Pearl 
ANC5E08 Bloomingdale

5 comments:

mona said...

You did absolutely the right thing and thanks for posting the picture with the plate numbers. See something, say something everyone needs to get on board with that.

Unknown said...

When is the next ANC meeting?

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

The next ANC 5E is scheduled for Tuesday, September 16, 2014. (No meeting in August 2014).

Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale said...

See this message from ANC 5E08 Commissioner Austin Pearl: "Unkown: If you want to meet before that on an issue just shoot me an e-mail at 5E08@anc.dc.gov. Also, I will be holding open office hours in Crispus Attucks Park shortly--so please continue to monitor Scott's blog for an announcement."

Todd said...

Yep, noticed dealing on unit block of W during the day too. Hadn't seen that in some time (years)...someone must have gotten released and returned to their old line of work.