Wednesday, February 09, 2011

man taking photos in the alley

See this message from a V Street NW resident:

This afternoon I notice a Black man about 6'2" 200 lbs with black pants, black jacket with grey hood taking pictures down the alleyway from 100 block V Street NW entrance to U Street entrance. He was not wearing a fluorescent vest, as city employees wear. When he noticed I was watching him, he stopped taking pictures and left. Not sure that it means anything, but thought I should at least let someone know.

5 comments:

Andrew Pendleton said...

Photography isn't a crime. If he was on public property, photographing things visible from public property, he was doing nothing wrong.

Mari said...

I take pictures of alleys and streets all the time, and I do stop when I feel I'm being watched. Mainly because I'm afraid my camera/ cell phone is going to get stolen.

Suzanne in Bloomingdale said...

Real estate appraisers have to take street shots and back of property shots.

-J. said...

Really? If this where a white person, I doubt it'd be posted.

Adam said...

Ive noticed sometimes city inspectors take pictures with their cellphones to track possible zoning and permit violations.