Wednesday, January 10, 2018

have you purchased your tickets yet? Chef Dorjee Momo returns to Big Bear this Sunday, 01-14-2018



Sun, Jan 14, 6:00 PM
Big Bear Cafe
Big Bear Cafe, 1st Street Northwest, Washington, DC, United States
DORJEE MOMO RETURNS TO BIG BEAR ON JANUARY 14th!!!
                              
Join Chef Dorjee and the Dorjee Momo team for an intimate evening of vegan Himalayan dishes, with a special welcome cocktail included. Preview the vegan menu for their upcoming brick&mortar location (at Eastern Market), and sample a wide range of savory, spicy, tart, and sweet flavors from Tibet, India, Nepal, and China.
               
We invite you to enjoy both creative and traditional Himalayan foods inspired by Chef Dorjee's journey as a former Buddhist monk and refugee.
            
View photos from our December pop up with Dorjee here: http://www.dorjeemomo.com/events/#pop-up... , & see some of their previous menu items here:http://www.dorjeemomo.com/#menu ,
& watch a short film on Chef Dorjee produced by Smithsonian here: http://www.dorjeemomo.com/#menu
---------------------------------
Ticketed Dinner Seatings through the nights at:

6:00 PM
6:30 PM
8:30 PM
9:00 PM
                                                        
Purchase your tickets here: www.vegandmxbb.eventbrite.com
Please direct any questions to aro@dorjeemomo.com
------------------------------------
“My cuisine comes from what I have seen with my eyes and hands. I try to create tension with flavors, because that’s what life is about — savory and sour, sweet and bitter. I make a lot of the food I ate as a kid, but I’ve seen so many things since then, so my food is always changing. I took a lot of influence from the international cafes in Dharamshala in India, where I worked after leaving Tibet. It pushed me to be more healthy and to make vegetarian and vegan food. My cuisine is about what happens when countries overlap: Tibet and China, India and Nepal. We’re always going back and forth and arguing about borders. A lot of food is in the same... Read more
Posted by Stu Davenport from Bloomingdale
Just now · Viewable on the Events calendar by any Nextdoor member
  

No comments: