Friday, September 28, 2012

FREE rain barrel & cistern program for Bloomingdale/LeDroit Park residents

From ANC 5C03 Commissioner Hugh Youngblood:
 
Please see the updated flyer emphasizing that the Bloomingdale / LeDroit Park Rain Barrel & Cistern program is FREE for local residents.
 
When you see your neighbors in the streets, please inform them of the program and encourage them to call (202) 535-2239 to register.
 
Unlike the backflow preventer program, the rain barrel program lacks any requirement to sign away your first-born child etc.
 
Thank you,
    
Hugh
--
Hugh Youngblood
ANC, SMD 5C03
202.630.2262
FREE_Bloomingdale-LeDroit Rain Barrel Pgm Flyer_28Sept2012

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a consultation with DDOE last Saturday, and hope to hear something soon. I did sign a form (didn't get a copy of it) and you do agree to keep the filter clean and that the rain barrel conveys with the house, plus a few other things. It wasn't clear which barrels would be available, and if all of them are totally free, but I assume I will get that info when I receive my report.

If your downspout drains into the sewer line like mine did, you might want to consider this option to help your home, as well as your neighbors' homes. I would be happy to show mine to neighbors as soon as it is installed.

Annoyed said...

( also posted this comment on the site regarding the meeting notes.)
I called because I am on the alley near first & T NW and was told that I was outside of the boundary. They aren't covering the unit block of T Street, just 1st. I asked why, because the water that floods 1st, flows heavily down the alley & the unit block of T?

I was advised to contact Emanuel Briggs at WASA. It just seems a little short sided to not even attempt to slow the flow of water coming down the hill. This is just like putting a bunch of buckets in a pool. If WASA decided to cover rain barrels for the unit blocks, they could stop a lot of water.