Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chuck Donalies: "Councilmember McDuffie - I hope you see the immense positive contributions the Bloomingdale Farmers Market makes to the neighborhood"


From: Chuck Donalies <chuck@donaliesfp.com>
Subject: Bloomingdale Farmers Market
Date: May 19, 2013 10:24:06 AM EDT


Dear Councilmember McDuffie,
                       
My wife and I live with our two little girls on the unit block of R Street NW. We've lived here for nine years and absolutely love the neighborhood. A big part of why we love the neighborhood is the Bloomingdale Farmers Market.
               
It is my understanding that a small number of residents do not like the market and are actively seeking ways to shut it down. Honestly, I do not understand their issues with the market. Multiple surveys have shown that nearly all patrons walk or bike to the market - thus proving false any claims the market negatively impacts parking in the neighborhood. Let's be honest, if anything negatively impacts Sunday morning parking in Bloomingdale, it's all the churchgoers driving into the city from Maryland and Virginia.
             
The Bloomingdale Farmers Market brings together a diverse group of people during the months it is open. It's a valuable addition to the neighborhood because of this( not to mention the wonderful fruits, veggies, breads/pastries, and meats). In fact, my financial planning practice benefits from its presence because it provides me with an excellent opportunity to see clients and prospective clients in person.
               
I know you must recognize the concerns of all residents in Ward 5, but I hope you see the immense positive contributions the Bloomingdale Farmers Market makes to the neighborhood.
 
Please contact me if you have any questions.
        
Be well,
Chuck Donalies, CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional™
     
Donalies Financial Planning, LLC
240.888.2573
@frugalplanner

No comments: