Tuesday, October 29, 2019

complaint filed with DCRA regarding the new fences along 2nd St NW next to the Carver Apartments

See this 10-29-2019 message:

I sent a complaint to DCRA regarding the fencing construction at Carver Apartments.  The permit said they would replace the fencing at the same location and same height.  I'm not a big fan of fencing but at least the previous fence was somewhat less of a visual barrier.  The new fence (pushed out to the sidewalk and increased in height) combined with the half block long tree box fencing is very harsh.  Makes you feel really uncomfortable to walk through.   




the former fence along Carver Hall at 2nd and Elm St NW


the new fence along Carver Aparments + a new long tree box fence


1 comment:

Molly Scott said...

Good morning! I totally agree with your thoughts on that fence. I’m not sure but it seems to me it wouldn’t be allowed to have a tall fence that close to the sidewalk in what I think is the side yard of that property. Since it’s a corner lot I thought they had different regulations for fence heights? I didn’t really have an issue with it till they put the tree space fence in and now it feels very confining and unsafe. If you need someone to support your complaint let me know!