See this 06/15/2021 message from Bertha Holliday:
North Capitol Street Deck Over & Streetscape
LETTERS OF SUPPORT DEADLINE: THURSDAY, JUNE 24 BY 5 P.M.
We NEED your Letters of Support! There are TWO ways letters may be submitted.
- By VOICEMAIL:
- CALL 202-350-1344
- Leave a 3-Minute Voicemail
- SPEAK CLEARLY!
- State your full name and your address
- Indicate your SUPPORT for the Mayor’s recommendation of $1 Million in the FY22 Budget for a Feasibility Study of the North Capitol Street Deck Over & Streetscape Project, which is currently under consideration by the Council Committee on Transportation & the Environment
- Briefly indicate why you support funding for the Deck Over
- Your voicemail (no longer than 3-minutes) will be automatically transcribed into written testimony and submitted to the Committee’s Hearing Record
- By EMAIL:
- DRAFT Email (no restrictions on length)
- State your name and address
- Indicate your SUPPORT for the Mayor’s recommendation of $1 Million in the FY22 Budget for a Feasibility Study of the North Capitol Street Deck Over & Streetscape Project, which is under consideration by the Council Committee on Transportation & the Environment
- Briefly indicate why you support funding of the Deck Over & Streetscape Project
- SEND YOUR EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of Support solicited by the Bloomingdale Civic Association, its Bloomingdale Village Square Initiative.,
and the multi-neighborhood North Capitol Deck Over Steering Committee
I drove down North Capitol on Tuesday and thought the decking is a pretty un pleasant place for recreation, lined by automobiles and right over a busy major congested and polluted highway..Also how could Bloomingdale let the govt. corporate collusion "surplus and dispose" of 25 acre, once bucolic GREEN,McMillan Park,that the same government has BLIGHTED so badly, and tragically. What I believe is corruption, transferring our land and wealth to what I think is mediocre developers. Co-opting the name of Senator McMillan, and not even resurrecting the gorgeous Three Muses statue memorial fountain, or doing any waterworks, whats the story here, $$$$$ for corporate profit, not public good or needs. A super Market can be done a million ways. without holding us hostage.
SO DO BOTH, Save the Park, and build the decking and A SUPERMARKET, get decent properly planned mass transit out of this mediocre govt. TO SERVE North Capitol and the hospital centers, and Kiddies, the coming 81 ACRE Armed Forces Retirement Home's massive DEVELOPMENT with 5000 planned parking spaces on top of 3000 parking spaces planned for McMillan "Town Center" and GOOD LUCK for the future congestion coming your way.
You are hostages there, not citizens that own the park land!
McMillan Park 25 acres public green space could be great urban gardening reclamation project so we started Committee for the McMillan Park Conservancy to advocate the international trend for adaptive re-use of historic sites. We need a Central Park large scale for kids, and outdoor concert stage, Glen Echo arts and classes campus, even outdoor schools are the trend to resist covid. The 20 acre stable subterranean concrete structures are 14 feet in height, cool year round, preserving the waterworks is just wise, even as emergency shelter or clean water system to mitigate low flows of the Potomac. Already a beautiful hybrid park and city utility for many decades, the Olmsted landscaping can be restored, and outdoor recreation with sunset views of the monuments is sitting right there.The people of Washington own this 25 acre green-space, was enjoyed as the only integrated park by DC African-American community 1905 to 1941.
Please for your own health of your neighborhood join our
cause now, and also support the Federal law suit filed May 5 , as the GSA assigned covenants make the VMP plan illegal under Federal law. Daniel Goldon Wolkoff 202-232-8391 email@example.com www.savemcmillan.org
Post a Comment