Friday, May 25, 2012

Bloomingdale resident mugged on North Capitol Street

See this message from a Bloomingdale resident:

Last night I was mugged on North Capitol St. Just above Rhode Island Ave (before U st NW) as I was heading north to my apartment from Harris Teeter. Three af-am young man (anywhere from 18-25) grabbed my neck from behind and pulled me down. As a scream and tried to get loose, they grabbed my cell phone and ran off heading east on Rhode Island Ave. I called the police and they came immediately and were very help. I just wanted to pass a warning along. I do not know if there were similar incidents happening lately. I know that there have been some break-ins involving the theft of bikes so I thought I`d pass this along. I am a 24 year old girl and I was talking on the phone and walking alone. I realize that I should have been more aware of the time and my surroundings, but I also hadn`t felt unsafe in the neighborhood before.

No comments: