Friday, June 05, 2015

Diedre Porter steps down as Fifth District Commander; William Fitzgerald named Acting 5D Commander

                                                 
To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com 
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 4:32 PM
Subject: [MPD-5D] Thank You 5D Community!!!
   
Dear 5D Community,
  
For over a year now, it has been my pleasure and privilege to serve the community.  My goal has always been to improve the quality of life of the citizens and residents of the District of Columbia, and in particular the Fifth District.  In addition, I have consistently focused on improving the quality of service and responsiveness that the community receives from all of the members of the Fifth District.  I pray that I have made a positive impact on the community and the city that I cherish.
  
I cannot thank you enough for your tenacity and collaboration as we worked to improve our community.  Equally as important, I cannot thank you enough for your support of the members of the Fifth District.
  
While I will no longer be the Commander of the Fifth District, I will always keep the 5D community in my thoughts and prayers.
  
Sincerely,
Commander Porter


From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 15:15:03 -0700
Subject: [MPD-5D] Greetings
             
I am honored to have been named Acting Commander of the Fifth Police District and I’m very excited to begin my work in this new position. Just before coming to the Fifth District, I was assigned to the Criminal Investigations Division, where I oversaw the seven district detective units. During that time I had the opportunity to becoming familiar with the crime patterns in the Fifth District. I look forward to getting to know the community and collaborating with you to quickly address any concerns that may arise. I welcome community input and encourage you to contact me with any questions or concerns.
   
William FitzGerald
Acting Commander
Metropolitan Police Department
Fifth District
1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-698-0111

No comments: