Friday, June 14, 2013

assault on the unit block of Adams St NW near North Capitol St last night around midnight -- Thursday, 06-13-2013

See this 06-14-2013 message:


Wanted to write to let the neighborhood know about what happened to me last night on Adams Street NW near North Cap. 

I am a young woman in my 20s, was walking home with my bike around midnight and a man walked up behind me and wrapped his arm around me trying to take me down. I ducked out and he began jabbing at me with a sharp object.  We sparred for a few seconds and he ended up stabbing me a couple of times in the arm, though he also aimed at my abdomen. He did not rob me, or ask for any money, in fact he did not say a word.  I screamed and he ran off, East on Adams back toward 1st street. I ran home and called the police.  A report was filed, but he has not yet been found.

The police's arrival was very timely. they were there in probably 3-4 minutes.  They were fairly attentive, they seemed to care about the crime, but they also seemed to think it was unlikely they would find the guy.

The man was about 5'9"/5/10", small build, brown-skinned, possibly Hispanic or Filipino, most likely in his 20s, no substantial facial hair.  It's possible he is a light-skinned black man. He had short, closely cropped, straight, dark hair  At the time he was wearing a red shirt.  

 I did go to the hospital, and had to get some stitches on my left arm. 

Please be careful walking home late at night.  The street was very quiet, and I did not even know someone was walking behind me until it was too late.  

2 comments:

Sean Hennessey said...

i hope you're okay and not too shaken up.

Jenifer said...

So sorry this happened to you! So glad you reported it right away to Police Dept and that they responded so quickly! Let's hope he gets caught or doesn't do it again!