Tuesday, March 18, 2014

sagging floors in a Bloomingdale rowhouse

See this request:      
I have owned a home in Bloomingdale since 2005, and have grown increasingly concerned about my sagging floors--particularly as they seem to sag towards what looks like a main beam with possibly limited support (I have never looked behind the sheet rock). That said, I want to have a professional come out and assess whether this actually could collapse and if so what to do about it.  Does anyone have the info of a good structural engineer who has experience dealing with old row homes?
If so please let me know at AustinLewisPearl@yahoo.com .

1 comment:

E.E. said...

I'd recommend a termite inspection & treatment too. Termite damage can cause sagging floors - that was the culprit in my rowhouse in Ledroit Park. They had eaten away several of the beams.